Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mixed Mood

Bullets are required today.


  • This has been the kind of week where I got confused over what day it was.  On Tuesday, I could have sworn it was Monday.
  • The Neurological ICU is not a fun place to be. 
  • My sister and her family came to spend Thanksgiving with us, which was so nice.  Nothing like little girls and a baby that never stops smiling to lift your spirits.  Here we are with our kiddos:




  • I ran a Turkey Trot 10k on Thanksgiving morning, my first race post marathon.  It felt really good to be out in the cold air and running, I managed a 59:57.


  • Once again the race t-shirt had the same logo as previous years, I actually scored a water bottle from Miss Zippy, when she held an ugly race shirt contest, with my shirt from a couple of years ago.



  • Dinner was relaxed, and really good. This was the first Thanksgiving I wore jeans and zero makeup to dinner.  We scaled down in turkey size, last year it was a 29 pounder, this year it was19, Mike used a flavor injector to get some butter deep inside the bird.  



  • Luke was very hungry. 



  • This TV Addict is way behind on my shows, my DVR is at it's limit.  I did get to see the Biggest Loser Where Are They Now (wow, Tara is an IRONMAN!) and this week's RHOBH (weird to see Russel on the show, since we all know what happened to him).  
  • I think I'm going to have to suck it up and see Breaking Dawn in the theater with all the other Twi-hards. I'd rather watch Bella become a vampire in the comfort of my living room, but I can't wait for the DVD. 
  • I'm surprised that with all the pumpkin cheesecake, wine and turkey I'm eating, I've lost weight.  Stress will do that to you I guess. 
  • There is still time to win a two disc silver necklace from Tag! You're It!....check that giveaway out here!




11 comments:

A Prelude To... said...

Extra butter in the turkey? That sounds very very yummy!! Glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

I think you possibly mean Neurology or Neurosurgery ICU? Neuropathy usually refers to hand or feet nerve pain, typically seen after healing from major trauma or in poorly controlled diabetics. Or this could be something I am not yet aware of. Either way, being in the ICU is always stressful and sad.

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

You and your sister look SO MUCH ALIKE in that picture!

Yes, that is one fugly T-shirt. Way to eek out a <60 10K!

I'm so happy you had a nice Thanksgiving. :) No makeup and jeans is standard for us around here. haha

Lisa said...

I like the bullets -
You and your sister look like twins.

How cute are her kids?!?!

I'm sorry that you have the stress of your FIL during this holiday time. I wish I could help relieve some of the stress . . . know I'm praying for you and your family.

Your turkey looks perfectly prepared - YUM!!! I'm from a super small family so I've only ever had a turkey breast in the crock pot (now . . . that's downsizing).

Yay for less hoopla during the holidays (jeans and no make up- sounds perfect to me!)

Congrats on the weight loss, sorry it's because of stress!!! ((Hugs))

Unknown said...

Hang in there.

Your turkey looks amazing! And congrats on getting in the run.

ajh said...

You and your sister look alike and all those cute kids.

Sorry for all your stress.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I gained, luck you

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving

Caratunk Girl said...

That turkey sounds awesome.

Sorry for the stress lately. Hugs...

Suz and Allan said...

Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving despite everything that's been going on lately!

giraffy said...

The ICU is never, ever fun.

Your sister sure has some cute kiddos.

Nice job on that 10K!

I saw Breaking Dawn opening weekend, because my kids wanted to see it, and I knew what was coming... I deemed it acceptable, so we went yesterday. Yes, that means I've seen it twice already. Oy.

Unknown said...

Aw, happy you got to spend some time with your family!

How is your father-in-law???

Turkey looks great! And yay for the 10k!