Thursday, November 3, 2011

I can hear Frank Sinatra now

Holy Shnarkies, it's almost race day!

I have been a ball of energy all week, in fact, I'm not sure if I really need this cup of coffee right now.

I've been checking things off on the running packing list, as well as getting things set up for the kids and Frank while we're gone.  Plus I have to work, which is a nice distraction.

I'm almost too prepared, thanks to the advice and support of my two NF Endurance team leaders, they have the inside scoop on all the race details, such as to run in the center of the Verrazano Bridge, aka The Worlds Longest Urinal. (I guess all that waiting at the start line makes you have to pee).

The weather looks great, in the 50's and sunny, although I bought a set of throw away sweats, hat and gloves to wear in the morning for the ferry ride and looong wait at the port a john's.  I can't decide to wear a visor, or sunglasses.

I decided to wear this:







I'm wearing a running skirt over the compression shorts, I like my butt, but I think I'd rather not flash thousands of people as I run by them in my see-through shorts.

I have plans to meet up with Erin, Miss Zippy, and Lisa, it will be so much fun to see the people behind the blogs!

Can you tell that I'm typing fast? I can.

I went for one last tune up yesterday at PT, Michelle stretched me out, gave Pez a massage, and made me a post race appointment for next week.  And reminded me to take an ice bath post race.

As a surprise, by brother and sister in law (marathon training partner Jeannine) told me they are coming down to cheer me on. Last night I helped Mike formulate a spectating plan, they're going to be zipping around on the subway to cheer me on at three different points.

Holy cow, if I could run this race right now I could.

I keep thinking of food, I'm following my carb loading plan for the next three days, from the November issue of Runners World.  Carbs at every meal, gotta top off my tank!  Which for today is oatmeal for breakfast, a bagel for lunch, and pasta for dinner.

Maybe it's already giving me energy! I think so!!!

Whew.

I also have a bit of a sore throat, Luke is coughing his head off, so I've been slamming the Amazing Grass to keep it at bay.

I'm horribly behind on blogs, but I shall catch up next week : )

Okay, I'm off like a dirty running shirt!

Yahoooooo!!!

25 comments:

Michelle said...

Molly I love it - you can feel your excitement coming through this post! You sound ready to go and I know you'll do great!

Good luck - I'll be cheering for you from here!

fancy nancy said...

EEEEEK!!! I'm so excited for you! This post makes it so clear how excited you are too!!! I would go with the visor...glasses can fog. I can't wait to read all about it!!!

Lisa said...

You are going to be amazing - deep breaths and relax a little - conserve the energy you have. Have a fabulous race experience. Enjoy every step - you've EARNED it!!!! I'll be cheering you on (from IN). Good luck girl - kick NYC's butt!

p.s. glad to see what you decided regarding your booty coverage situation.

Teamarcia said...

Squeeeee! I am beyond excited for you. Soak it up girl, you'll be amazing. I'll assume stalking, I mean tracking position bright and early Sunday!

abbi said...

So exciting! Have a great race and a great time!!

Unknown said...

Wishing you all the best for an amazing race!! Enjoy every second of it!!

TriMOEngr said...

Best of luck at your race! Can't wait to read all about it.

Emz said...

Enjoy
Every
Freaking
Minute. Sooooo awesome!!

Christy @My Dirt Road Anthem said...

Woohoo I love the energy and wouldn't be showing off my butt either. Love the shirt too so super bright you will be a stand out!

Anonymous said...

Dont' worry about the blogs. Worry about yourself right now! Getting so excited for you.

Take it all in. LOVE it all.

misszippy said...

So excited for you! it will be an incredible experience!!

Runners Fuel said...

How exciting!! You'll be great!

giraffy said...

Sooooo excited for you! I love the outfit!!!

Tara said...

I can't wait to track you, this is so exciting Molly! I want to run NYC someday!
Ok, I got your e-mail with your bib number, I have another friend running it too, so I'll be watching out for both of you guys. :)

J said...

Great idea to wear the skirt over the compression shorts! Why didn't I think of that?! You are going to do great! Have fun and enjoy every minute of it! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Yahoo!! I can feel your excitement! You are going to do great! Smile and have fun!! Cant wait to hear the report!

Laura said...

Wahoo!! Have a awesome race and time!

ajh said...

Have a ton of fun. Blog meetups. Racing. Racing in NYC! Racing the NYC Marathon! Wow!

Evolving Through Running said...

Go Molly!! You're going to do great. Good advice about staying in the middle of the bridge - you don't want to get caught in any of the man-made showers. Best of luck!

Jill said...

Go get 'em, girl!! Will be thinking of you and cheering you on!!! Woohoooo!!

Carrie said...

Have a great race!!!

Lisa said...

I'm sure you're off to bed (as you should be) and no where near a computer, but I wanted to be sure to send you one final good luck wish for an awesome (and safe) race tomorrow. You've done the work now I hope you get to fully enjoy the reward. Good luck and best wishes for a successful race!!! High 5's to you girl!!! Rock the race!!!

Tortuga_Runner said...

Luck! Luck! Luck! You'll be great and look great doing it. Cute skirt!

Black Knight said...

4:51:21 you did it!!!! Congrats.

Jess @ Fit Chick in the City said...

No pressure or anything, but I can't wait to read your race recap! Hope you had a great race!