Friday, April 15, 2011

Fifteen for Friday

I signed up for another virtual marathon, at Barefoot Neil Z's blog, the I Can't Afford the Actual Race, starts April 17th and ends May 1.  I'm going to do 10 of the miles during my Moutain Goat Race on May 1st.

Speaking of The Goat, I think I'm going to do just one more of the training runs for it, tomorrow's run is 9 hilly miles.

I found this story interesting, at a local 13.1 race last weekend, ipods were prohibited.  At the finish line, the race organizers DQ'd runners who were using ipods.  I'm all for using my ipod when I run on my own, and even with friends if we're on a super long training run, but if there is a rule about them, I follow it.

I haven't posted a photo of Luke in a while....here his is the other day.  We were down at the pond near my house, and he fell back onto his rear end and sunk into some mud.  He had to pull his boot out of the muck with both hands.  But thanks to my superior laundry skills, all the dirt came out.





I discovered a new lollipop last weekend at Family Night at Luke's school, it's a Pucker Power Sucker.  They turn your lips blue, but it's worth it.

I had a little leftover Indian food for breakfast yesterday, rice and eggplant.  Give me a savory breakfast over sweet any day.

You know when people say that when you get one tattoo, you want another?  I'm kicking around getting a little daisy on the inside of my wrist......

I'm taking the kid's down to my sister's house for a few days of spring break, I think Frank is going to miss us.

Speaking of Frank, he's almost 50 pounds and still growing.  He likes to hang over the edge of the couch and look out the window. One of these day's he's going to launch himself right over.




Monday it was warm enough for shorts.  Thankfully my shorts from last summer still fit.

Survivor is really good this season.  But last night's The Office with Will Ferrel, eh, not so good.

The new Beastie Boys album comes out soon, I heard the new single, sounds like classic BB. Sabotage is one of my all time favorite running songs.

I had lunch with my friend Heather (my weight loss challenger), and she was telling me she brought her engagement ring to the jeweler because one of the prongs was loose, and her diamonds almost fell out of the setting.  So I looked down at my engagement ring, and holy cow, one of the settings is so loose, you could see a space on one whole side of the diamond!  Now I've got to take a trip to the jeweler.

I went to my hairdresser yesterday for a cut and color....and a feather hair extension.  She talked me into it, it's just three long, very thin black feathers blended into the side of my hair.  I can't take a good enough picture of it with my phone. It will look cool when I pull my hair back into a ponytail when I run.

Good Luck to those racing this weekend, and those running Boston, especially to my friend B.W., Monday will be his 20th Marathon!!!!

26 comments:

Mrs. M said...

I want to see those feathers!! :) Have a great weekend.

LB said...

I had no idea BB was coming out with a new album....so exciting!!!!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am a rule follower, I never want a DQ on my race record

I eat leftover for bfast alot on the weekends

tattoos are addicting

Feathers, like real bird feathers??? *complex look*

kristen said...

Cute pic. Like mother like son :)

You think Survivor is good this season? I watched the lastest episode last night and it was so boring! I'm over Rob. he's had enough appearances on reality tv (did you know he was also on the amazing race? over it!). And those girls on his tribe are so stupid. And annoying. Lame. There is no strategy between either tribe. So uneventful. I hope all three of those boys come back from redemption island. Now THAT would shake things up.

A Prelude To... said...

I can't believe you got that mud out. That would never happen my house.

I'm afraid to start in with tattoos as I have a feeling where it would lead.

Poor frank!

I want to see your hair!

Jill@Run for the Hills said...

I fell into my pond two weekends ago. I was innocently trying to show my daughter the tadpoles and whoops, I was in the drink.

I had a similar mud situation.

Anne said...

Cute pic of Luke :) I'm impressed that you got the mud out!

Almost everyone I know who has a tattoo, wants a second one :)

heather said...

My dog likes to watch out the window from the back of the couch too. I call it the neighborhood watch command center.

giraffy said...

That dog is cracking me up. And, dude. That is some mud... wow...

I have a rose tattoo inside my left ankle (so cliche!), a kanji on my left back shoulder area ("Happiness"). I want another. But have no idea what.

Feather hair, cannot wait for the picture!!

Jill said...

I've never done a hair extension, you must take take a pic so I can see what it loos like.

Good luck with the virtual race!! :)

Teamarcia said...

That's a menacing pic of Frank and an adorable one of Luke.
I agree the Office was not so great.

fancy nancy said...

I have got to see a picture of the feather!!!

When I ran Boston they said no music. I followed like a good doobie but more than half of the people there had them!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

SONOFABITCH! I completely forgot about The Office last night! Oh well. That's what the internet is for.

That's interesting about the DQs. Headphones were "prohibited" at my HM last weekend, too, but that rule didn't seem to deter anyone, myself included. I think they just said that to cover their own butts because the course wasn't closed to traffic. If someone got plowed over, they could say, "We TOLD him not to wear headphones..."

Alanna said...

Thanks for the heads up on the new Beastie Boys. Had no idea! I'll have to get my husband to get it for me. :)

Lisa said...

Reading your posts always make me smile! I can't wait to see the feather extensions - gotta get a guest photographer . . .

Anonymous said...

It looks like 'Tide' country.

ajh said...

Those two pics are adorable. I always like pics of little kids from the back.....pondering whatever!

Unknown said...

Now I'm impressed you got that mud out! :)

I wasn't impressed with the Office either. But I'm loving Survivor. Rob is too great! ;)

Unknown said...

I'm more of a sweet breakfast fan...and now I need to check out this season survivor. We haven't been watching.

Carly said...

I've heard about the tattoo thing, but I still don't want another one.

I was disappointed in the Office this week too.

*~*~* Tracy said...

Love the picture of Luke, so cute!

I've bent the prongs on my engagement ring twice so I don't wear it anymore. me and jewelry don't always get along.

I want to see these feathers too! Sounds very cool!

Susan Fobes said...

I love when you do a mage page of stuff Molly! It always makes me laugh!

Erika said...

I wish it were warm enough for shorts here:)
I tried to run a half without music before and it's way more challenging...not sure I would do it again. Hmmm.

Amy said...

Feather hair extension?! You've gotta get a pic!

Caratunk Girl said...

OMG that picture of Luke is adorable. I can't tell from the tilt of his head if he is frustrated or not. Cute cute cute.

Love that picture of Frank too.

The hair feather thing sounds really cool

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I am an avid rule follower too--but I don't really need my i-pizzle for a race--love taking it all in!

Luke is cracking me up with the muddy butt and Frank is adorable!!!

Post a pretty pic of you and your new hair Molly! Have to see it!