Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Oprah has her favorites, now here are mine.

I've lived on Long Island, went to college in Cortland, spent 5 years in Rochester, four in NYC, and as of this month, four in Syracuse. And in between, as summers, weekends and vacations have allowed, I've been in the Adirondacks.

So I feel like I know NY State pretty well, and I decided to post about my favorite restaurants, stores, and areas to visit. Since I love food so much I felt it fitting to write about where M and I go for date nights, usually to celebrate birthdays or anniversaries.

Armory Square is a cool little gem in the heart of downtown Syracuse. Funky stores, bars, restaurants, hair salons (including mine) and condos fill the area. BC restaurant http://www.bcrestaurant.com is owned and operated by a CNY couple who used to live and work in downtown Manhattan. This is where I get my NYC food fix. I always start off my meal with a Ketel One Dirty Martini, with bleu cheese stuffed olives. Soooo salty and cold. Their menu varies with the season, but one mainstay is the Lobster and Goat Cheese salad. I order it every time, and it doesn't disappoint.

No comments: