Monday, January 23, 2012

I've Got Mail

I'm a happy girl when the mailbox holds something other than bills.  And last week did not disappoint!

I received a package from Italy, it was from Stefano, of Run With The Black Knight!

He was my Secret Gift Exchange Buddy, that Jill organized last December.  The package held a Nike neck warmer, a Moleskine planner, and a key chain from Venice!  You might remember in an older post, that last year Stefano sent me a key chain from Venice, but all I received was an empty envelope. He later sent me a key chain from Brussels, that I did receive. And this time around, everything was accounted for.  I've already worn the neck warmer, and in true Black Knight spirit, everything was black. Thank You Stefano!!!






Remember CSN Stores?  They're called Wayfair now, and I think the new website is much easier to navigate.  I had a chance to review one of their products, and I chose a lamp, which we really needed.  We have a desk for Luke and Eliza in a corner of the living room, but it was a pretty dark space.  I had to assemble the lamp, which meant threading the electric cord through each of the pieces that made up the stand (I used a chopstick to get it through the tight spots), and screwing in the lampshades.  It took 15 minutes to put together, and I really like the separate lampshade that I can focus directly on the desk.






Last year I did a two week challenge with Amazing Grass, and I'm about to do it again.  It entails cutting back on sugar, and eating as clean as possible, while having a daily dose of Amazing Meal, which I add to smoothies.  Instead of my usual chocolate flavor, I chose Pomegranate Mango, which just arrived.  I'll keep you posted.





Do you ever watch the Today Show? On Thursday's they have a feature, with items you can buy online for a ridiculous discount.  I've never ordered anything from it before, but last week, I couldn't turn down one particular item.  It's a Kathy Kaehler workout DVD, which is a celeb favorite.  It was usually $250, but the bargain price was $18!!






So I ran and got my credit card.

I'll let you know if my butt starts to look like Julia Robert's.




*Note, I was provided with a lamp from Wayfair for the purpose of the review, the opinions on the product are my own.

15 comments:

Mrs. M said...

That is a really good discount on the dvd! Love all your gifts!!

A Prelude To... said...

Oh wow - Kathy Kaehler has been around forever. I love her! You'll have to tell us what the dvd is like.

Christi said...

The lamp looks great!

Unknown said...

Yay for fun mail! So glad that you actually got everything that you were supposed to this time! Happy dance!

Liz Mays said...

I didn't know they did that on Thursdays! I need to check that out!

TriMOEngr said...

Packages in the mail are the BEST! Yay for it all arriving safely. I have nearly the exact same lamp in my living room next to our recliner (but in brushed nickel). We hardly use the upper light, but the lower light is PERFECT for reading the paper or a good book. Yay on the bargain DVD. Hope your butt and Julia's are identical soon. I'm currently waffling on a Total Immersion Schwaggle. I'm probably going to cave and get my cc busy.

Tricia said...

looking forward to hearing about the dvd

Lisa said...

Bargain dvds - wow!!!! Woo!

Nice Italian Christmas gift :)

ajh said...

Great package! LOVE all the black!

Jill said...

YAY, your package arrived! Looks like all the overseas things are starting to trickle in - finally :). What fun stuff, too. Love that Black Knight! :)

Yeah, if your butt starts to look like Julia's, let me know...I'm buying it and overnight shipping it! :)

Michael said...

Very cool! Hope the DVD is awesome! Love the lamp.

Johann said...

My blog exchange went well too and although it took for ever, I am glad that nothing got lost between the USA and Africa. Great to have some non-virtual interaction with the other bloggers.

Anonymous said...

$250 for workout DVD?! That's insane. Glad you got it at a more reasonable price. That had BETTER give you buns of steel!

Suz and Allan said...

That is a HUGE discount! I would have bought it too!

Black Knight said...

Thank you for the mention. You are very kind.