In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity ~ Albert Einstein
Marathon #2 is officially on the calendar. This fall I'm heading back down to the region I grew up in, and running the New York City Marathon! I'm honored to be part of Team NF Endurance, with whom I will be running to raise funds for The Children's Tumor Foundation.
This is Julia. She is the daughter of two friends from high school, and she lives with NF, a unpredictable genetic mutation that causes tumors to develop in nerve tissue. NF is a progressive disorder that affects 1 in 3,000 births and can show up in any family, at any time. NF can produce tumors, bone deformations, learning disabilities, deafness, blindness, malignancies, and chronic pain.
And there is no cure.
In an effort to reach the fundraising goal given to me by NY Road Runners, I reached out to several companies to see if they would be willing to donate products to a Fundraising Giveaway. I had such a generous response that I am able to hold not one giveaway, but two! Today is the first round, which will be followed by a second round in a couple of weeks, with a different set of running themed goods.
This is the lineup for Giveaway #1, think of it as a big basket of running goodies, with ONE winner taking it all home. For all you males out there, don't be thrown off by the girl themed items, I'm sure you have a lady in your life who would appreciate them!
1. nuun! A four pack of their original flavors, along with a nuun water bottle:
2. A SPIbelt in black/olive green:
3. An Allied Medal Display, your choice!
4. Three pairs of Wrightsocks (they're blister free!), in size M or L
5. A "Run Like You Are Being Chased" shirt from Tough Chik (size L, but the shirts run small).
6. A Sweaty Band:
7. A Running Icon Bead in silver, seen HERE, from Inspired Endurance Jewelry (I can't show the image because it's copy righted).
8. A Badger Balm All Season Face Stick in SPF 30
Whew! Lots of good stuff!
This is how to enter:
1. Please go to my fundraising page HERE, and make a donation to the Children's Tumor Foundation (mandatory). Depending on your 100% tax deductible donation, this is how many entries you will receive:
$5 = one entry
$10 = five entries
$15 = eight entries
$20 = ten entries
Please leave me one comment saying you donated.......and Thank You in advance.
Of course, there are ways to get additional entries, please leave a separate comment for each:
+1 entry if you are a friend of my blog
+1 entry if you follow me on twitter @MollySBaker
+1 entry if you tweet, blog, facebook, or tell your friends and neighbors
If you follow any of these fabulous companies on twitter or facebook, you receive an extra entry per follow
I will pick ONE winner using random.org on Monday June 6, after I haul myself out of bed and get the kids to school.
I want to thank Allied Medal, Sweaty Bands, nuun, Inspired Endurance, Tough Chik, SPIbelt, Badger Balm, Sweaty Bands, and Wrightsocks for donating to this fundraiser.
(Insert smiley face here)