Friday, September 3, 2010

I've got nine days to heal.

It's so weird not to run. My house is immaculate.  The laundry is done, there is food in the kitchen, I've been to the library twice.  My kids are clean.  My bills are paid.   It has been hard not to eat all the food in the kitchen.  Especially after I make chocolate chip walnut cookies, rice krispie treats, tacos, salmon burgers, and grilled teriyaki pork tenderloin. With baked sweet potatoes.

Went back to PT this morning, where I saw Michelle, who is my favorite therapist.  She massaged the heck out of my hammy, then did the whole electrical stimulation/ice pack/stretching thing.  We talked more about the marathon, and she shares the opinion I've heard from several people this week, that I should not run until race day.  Just let the hamstring heal, and hopefully everything will work out.  Got the old fingers and toes crossed that she's right.  I bought some Arnica gel to help the healing process, and I'm going back to PT two more times next week.  Thanks for all the advice and healing vibes, keep 'em coming!!

On a fun note, I was given the Happy 101 Award from Ajh at Age Groups Rock, and the Cherry On Top Award, from Erika at Chasing My Monkey's One Mile at a Time, and Stefano at Run with the Black Knight! 

I'll do the more difficult one first....for the Cherry On Top, I need to answer the question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?  Hmmmm.  I try not to look back too much on things in my life that haven't made me happy, because if I changed anything, I wouldn't be where I am now.  I do regret not spending a semester of college studying abroad.  I was an exchange student in high school, and I wanted to repeat it in college, but it just didn't happen.  I remember feeling like my college years were experience enough, and that I could always travel, but couldn't ever go back to college life.  Then the reality of work and money and limited vacation time made me wish I had done it while I had the chance.....

I'm supposed to thank who tagged me....thanks Erika, thanks Stefano!!!! Then pass it to 6 bloggers......

For the Happy 101, I also have to say thanks....thanks Ajh!!!!  Then list 10 things that make me happy.  I'm going to try and do this with one word, since I usually ramble on about everything else, and I'll leave out the obvious ones:

1. coffee
2. chardonnay
3. outdoors
4. kitchen
5. music
6. Bravo TV
7. diamonds
8. jeans
9. books
10. hair dye (two words, but I love it and need it for my greys).

I'm to tag 10 people....but I read and enjoy so many blogs, that I figured if you're reading this.....consider yourself tagged!!

Happy Labor Day Weekend.

23 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

not it! no touch backs.

Laura said...

Hope the healing continues. Love your list..I agree with many of them...Hair Dye...my saviour..

Liz Mays said...

You're making it way too nice for your family when you're injured!!! Why aren't you sitting on the couch vegging out? :)

Darlene said...

Hooray for hair dye

Julie said...

This was great Molly! Your list made me smile because several of the things would be on my list too! Let's hear it for chardonnay and hair dye:) Thank God for the hair dye!

Happy healing to you! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend! Hang in there because everything is going to work out:)

Lisa said...

wow. you've gotten a lot more done than I did when I was really laid up with my foot injury. I'm impressed!

I love that you listedn diamonds and jeans on your list! Awesome. I would be sad without Bravo!

Take care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, the injury sucks. Good news that you can still do the marathon. Enjoy all the yummy food you made!

ajh said...

Heal Heal Heal Heal. Positive vibes coming your way! Love your concise list!

H Love said...

Yes Heal Heal! Just think 9 days of rest= 9 days of energy! Keep us posted! Thinking of you.

Raquelita said...

I'm sending you lots of healing vibes!

Coffee, books, and hair dye definitely make my list, too!

Elizabeth said...

Sending you healing vibes. Amazed you did that much cleaning and cooking, now you've set the bar high.

Unknown said...

Gosh, it sounds like you're nesting. You're going to push through that marathon like there is no tomorrow. Rest and rest some more.

kristen said...

Bravo TV. YES! good one :)

Unknown said...

what race are you doing?

Johann said...

I really hope you heal soon. Coffee is often first on any list of mine. Hang in there!

Iron Mike said...

You've gotten good advice, staying off your feet until the race.
I'm sure your kids appreciate being clean, an all too common sacrifice of marathoning parents.

Michelle said...

More healing vibes coming your way!!

I love your list -- we have many of the same!

Unknown said...

hey there again. thanks for the comment about the dress, it was super easy to make. I think it only took about 45 mins to make.
I hope you can do the race. To train all that time and than have to stop is now fun. On friday I broke my pinky toe and I am not able to run. I am doing a half in april but was going to do a 5k in oct that may now be put off. Hope you heal quickly.

Erika said...

Hope your feeling better...you can do it. I had to not run for 2 weeks before my second half BC I was hurt...its possible!

Nicki said...

Sending you lots of healing vibes. I hope you are totally healed by the 12th.

Suzy said...

Diamonds do make a girl happy!!! I hope your hammy is feeing better before your race.

J said...

Hope your hammy feels good and you are ready for next weekend!! Can't believe it is next weekend! I am getting nervous! Not sure what your plan is but I prolly will be getting there around 6:30 and then heading to the start line after picking up my chip thing. Once I get solid plans I will let you know!

Melinda said...

Your race is Saturday, right? Good luck and I hope the hamstring holds out on you!! The rest will probably do you more good than you think.

And your immaculate, organized lifestyle without running made me laugh!